Thursday 14 May 2015

THE MOST COMMON MISTAKES IN ENGLISH

Hello guys,
We all speak English and usually we think that we speak it very well, so we forget on some grammar mistakes. Maybe, at first it's not important to pay attention on grammar or mistakes, but later, we have to learn to speak fluently and correctly.
For this post, I chose the most common mistakes in English language.

1. He told that... He said me...
This is very common mistake.
It is very important to appoint the person, so it's correct to say He told me/you/him. It must be the person.
He said "get out" or He said "hello" to Dave. But it's not necessary to say to specify to whom we said.

2. I think yes
Sometimes I used this, but it's never too late to correct mistakes. I think so or I don't think so. That is how we agree or disagree.

3. I work here 10 years
Ten years is unfinished period of time, You can say I've been working here 10 years, or I worked here for 10 years.

4. I've done it 10 years ago
We don't use Present Perfect. We must use Past Simple if we know when something was. So, correct form of this sentence is "I did it 10 years ago." But if we use period of time it's always  Present Perfect.

5. I feel myself... I behave myself...
For example, a lot of students usually say I feel myself happy, but you don't have to say myself, just saying I feel happy is correct.
I behave myself . It's just enough to say I behave badly. 

6. I made something bad
Maybe this is OK in some situations, but when you talk about bad action, Generally you use make when you create something (like dinner). When you talk about some other, you use did. For example,  I did something bad.

7. He was so bad man 
This is also very common. Bad is adjective and man is noun. There you can't use so in this sentence with noun man. Only you can say He was so bad or He was such a bad man. 

8. He 's not very good/bad in... 
This is preposition mistake. We all make mistakes with prepositions. It's on, so, we have to say He's not very good at Science. 

9. I can't to explain. 
For this example, after modal verbs can't use to, it's just I can't explain. 

10. He has been in Paris.
This is again preposition mistake. You can't say that, because instead in we use to. So, he has been to Paris is right.

That is all for this time, hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment